- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 rashers middle bacon, trimmed, chopped
- 2 medium sebago potatoes, peeled, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods® Paprika
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a 22cm (base) heavy-based, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion has softened. Add potato, capsicum, parsley and paprika. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until potato is just tender and starts to brown.
- Step 2Preheat grill on medium. Whisk eggs, milk and parmesan together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Pour egg mixture evenly over potato mixture. Lift and tilt pan to distribute egg mixture. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until tortilla is almost set (eggs should be set underneath but surface still runny).
- Step 4Place under grill. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until just set and light golden (not browned). Set aside for 2 minutes. Loosen with a spatula and turn onto a plate or chopping board. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad leaves.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Super saver: Use 1 medium green capsicum instead of red and save around $1.03 in total.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas