- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green banana chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups Easy bolognaise (see related recipe)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Sourdough bread, toasted, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Step 2Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chilli, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add paprika and bolognaise. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through and excess liquid has evaporated.
- Step 3Spread into a 4-cup capacity, 5cm-deep, 16cm square ceramic baking dish. Using a spoon, make 4 shallow holes in mixture. Crack 1 egg into each hole. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Step 4Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with toast.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Lucia
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas