- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 x 400g cans diced Italian tomatoes
- 425g can Italian-style tuna in oil
- 500g spaghetti
- Step 1Heat the oil in a frying pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Step 2Add the parsley, taking care, because the parsley may jump about if the pan has become a bit too hot. Stir for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes and their juice.
- Step 3Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes until a sauce-like consistency.
- Step 4Drain the oil from the tuna (not down the sink, though) and add to the pan, breaking it up and mixing it through the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Step 5Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook following packet directions or until al dente. Drain and transfer to a warm serving bowl.
- Step 6Stir in the sauce, season with black pepper and serve immediately.
- Author: Keri Phillips
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au