- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 3 slices ciabatta bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 425g canned diced tomato
- 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 500g spaghetti
- Step 1Rub garlic over bread slices. Cut into 2cm cubes. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bread cubes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and crisp. Set aside.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add tomatoes and olives. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 4Return pasta to saucepan over low heat. Add tomato-olive sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined. Sprinkle with fried bread cubes and serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas