- 400g spaghetti
- Olive oil spray
- 600g scallops, roe attached
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Philadelphia Original Cream for Cooking
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Cook half the scallops for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining scallops, reheating the pan between batches.
- Step 3Add cream to frying pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add the sugar snap peas and cook for 1 minute or until tender crisp.
- Step 4Add the scallops and cream mixture to the pasta. Season with salt and pepper and gently toss to combine. Top with the chives.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
With a twist: For Smoked Chicken and Basil Spaghetti, replace the scallops with 300g smoked chicken, sliced. Cook with cream. Swap the chives for 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves and stir into pasta just before serving.
Silky scallops are delicious in a creamy chive sauce with crunchy sugar snaps.
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste