- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil spray
- 320g dried wholemeal spaghetti
- 300g (2 cups) frozen broad beans, thawed, peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 75g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place tomato, cut-side up, on prepared tray. Season with pepper and spray with oil. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding broad beans in the last minute of cooking. Drain and return to pan.
- Step 3Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook shallot and garlic, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add tomato, shallot mixture, rocket, parsley, lemon juice and lemon rind to pasta mixture. Toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls. Top with goat’s cheese and season.
- High fibre
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
Salty goat’s cheese perfectly balances sweet roast tomatoes in this pasta dish.
- Author: Chrissy Freer & Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Chris Jones
- Publication: Australian Good Taste