- 350g spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 400g peeled green prawns
- 4 large ripe egg tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Fresh continental parsley leaves, to serve
- Salt, to season
- Step 1Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente (approx 12 min). Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes or until prawns curl and change colour. Add the tomato and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until tender. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sauce reduces by half.
- Step 3Add the spaghetti and parsley and gently toss to coat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Divide pasta among serving bowls. Sprinkle with parsley leaves to serve.
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste