- 120g pitted green olives
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino, plus extra shavings to serve
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 400g spaghetti
- Step 1Rinse and drain olives, then pulse in a food processor with garlic, herbs, cheese and oil until roughly chopped, not smooth. Season with pepper.
- Step 2Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250ml) cooking water.
- Step 3Return pasta to pan, add the pesto and enough of the cooking water to form a smooth sauce. Serve with extra cheese.
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au