- 3863 kj Energy
- 45g Fat Total
- 17g Saturated Fat
- 10g Fibre
- 36g Protein
- 106mg Cholesterol
- 1761.19mg Sodium
- 11g Carbs (sugar)
- 88g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Spaghetti with meatballs and cherry tomatoesPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g pork sausages, casings removed, meat rolled into 2cm balls, chilled for 10 minutes
- 600g good-quality tomato pasta sauce
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- Step 1Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat and cook the meatballs, turning, for 3-4 minutes until browned all over.
- Step 2Add the pasta sauce and cherry tomato to the frypan, then season. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain.
- Step 4Toss the pasta with the sauce and season to taste. Serve the spaghetti and meatballs topped with basil and parmesan.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au