- 1 onion, chopped
- 120g pancetta, rind removed, chopped
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves picked
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup (80g) parmesan, grated
- Food processor
- Step 1Combine the onion, pancetta, rosemary and garlic in a food processor and whiz until fnely chopped.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add the onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until the onion has softened. Add the anchovy and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until dissolved.
- Step 3Add canned tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook for a further 5-6 minutes until slightly reduced. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Step 4Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain, add the cherry tomato sauce and toss to combine. Add half the basil and parmesan and toss to combine. Season and divide among bowls. Serve with remaining parmesan and basil leaves.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au