- 375g spaghetti
- 350g broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 175g rindless shortcut bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions until tender. Add broccoli for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Step 2Return pan to medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Step 3Add pasta, broccoli, pine nuts, parsley and oil. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
Use 3 trimmed middle bacon rashers instead of shortcut bacon and save around $3.18 in total.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Super Food Ideas