- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g prosciutto or bacon, rind removed, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 700g lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 800g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Massel beef stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 400g spaghetti
- parmesan shavings, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add prosciutto, onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are soft.
- Step 2Increase heat to high. Add mince. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Add wine. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, stock and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Remove 2 cups of bolognaise sauce to a small saucepan (see Leftovers).
- Step 4Cook pasta following packet directions.
- Step 5Combine pasta with remaining bolognaise sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan shavings and serve.
- Low carb
Leftovers: Simmer reserved bolognaise over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed. Cool, then refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas