- 80ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 (about 220g each) beef scotch fillet steaks
- 2 bunches baby pak choy, halved
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine the soy sauce, oil, ginger and honey in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the beef and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Preheat a chargrill on medium-high. Drain the beef and transfer the marinade to a small saucepan. Place the beef on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, bring the marinade to the boil over high heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Step 4Place the pak choy on grill and cook for 2 minutes each side or until tender and slightly charred.
- Step 5Spoon the rice among serving plates and top with beef. Drizzle over the sauce and serve with pak choy.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Prep: 15 mins (+ 20 mins marinating & 5 min resting time)
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste