- 600g piece eye fillet steak, sinew removed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 cups bean sprouts, trimmed
- 3 spring onions with bulb, thinly sliced
- 80g baby tatsoi leaves* or baby Asian salad leaves*
- 1/2 firmly packed cup coriander leaves
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Step 1Cut the steak into two long strips, then toss with the soy sauce and marinate at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook for 3 minutes each side until rare and slightly charred, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and rest for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Add sprouts, onion, tatsoi and coriander. Thinly slice the beef and add to the salad, toss gently to combine and serve immediately.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
* Tatsoi and Asian salad leaves are from greengrocers and selected supermarkets.
- Author: Kate Tait
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: delicious.