- 1/4 cup Fountain Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 450g fresh thin hokkien noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 500g mixed mushrooms (see note), thickly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved
- Step 1Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl. Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Using a fork, separate noodles.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until just softened. Add garlic and chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mushrooms and broccolini. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add sauce mixture and noodles. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
- High carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Tip: You could replace the cup mushrooms with 500g chicken breast fillet, sliced thinly.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas