- 400g beef rump strips
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 50ml (2 1/2 tablespoons) teriyaki marinade
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 1 avocado, sliced for serving
- 8 soft flour tacos, warmed, for serving
- Spicy mayonnaise, to serve (see notes)
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Step 1Season rump strips with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add beef and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned and tender, adding the teriyaki marinade 2 minutes into the process. Set aside to rest.
- Step 2In a bowl combine cabbage, carrot, and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Build the taco using the cabbage and carrot mix, slices of avocado, the marinated beef and top with spicy mayonnaise, green onions. Serve with lime wedges.
To save time, you could use a pre-pack coleslaw with cabbage, carrot and green onions.
*We used spicy Peri mayonnaise
- Publication: Australian Beef