- 270g packet dried soba noodles
- 150g snow peas, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 200g salmon fillet, skin intact
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 large avocado, halved, deseeded, peeled, finely diced
- Step 1Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes, adding snow peas for last minute, or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Step 2Combine mirin, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and ginger in a bowl. Set aside.
- Step 3Spray a frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook salmon for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Using 2 forks, flake salmon. Discard skin.
- Step 4Add capsicum, cucumber, onion, salmon, mirin mixture and half the avocado to noodle mixture. Toss gently to combine. Serve topped with remaining avocado.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas