- 1/3 x 270g packet Hakubaku organic soba noodles
- 32 (1kg) large green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Yeo's sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (see note)
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 pinches dried chilli flakes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Step 1Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, make Dipping sauce Place soy sauce, oil, wine, ginger, sugar, chilli and onion in a bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Step 3Divide half the noodles into 16 portions. Neatly wrap each noodle portion around 1 prawn. Repeat process with remaining noodles and prawns.
- Step 4Pour enough oil into a frying pan to cover base. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook prawns, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until prawns are pink and noodles are crisp. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel. Serve prawns with dipping sauce.
You could use dry apera (sherry) instead of rice wine for the prawn recipe. Serves 8 as part of a banquet.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Super Food Ideas