Author Notes: These classic cookies can be fully enjoyed all throughout the year and they’re even better when you add ice cream between them for no fuss Snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches! —Eden Passante
Makes: 1 dozen
stick of butter (room temp)
cup vegetable shortening (room temp)
teaspoon baking soda
cinnamon and sugar to roll cookies in
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In an electric mixer, combine the butter, shortening and sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and continue to beat.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low until incorporated.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop out even amount of dough. I made these bigger, but you can do regular size as well.
- Spread a mixture of cinnamon and sugar onto a plate and roll the cookie dough ball into the mixture until it’s covered.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined pan and bake 6-12 cookies at a time.
- Only bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over-bake these cookies, bring them out more doughy as they will harden and continue to cook. If you over-bake them they will be dry.
- Let them cool for a few minutes on the pan and transport them to a cooling rack.
- When they’re completely cool, add in a scoop of your favorite ice cream to create your Snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches!
Photo by Eden Passante