- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thick beef sausages
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 3 x 400g cans red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausages. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Thickly slice.
- Step 2Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Return sausage to pan with tomatoes, beans, paprika, half the parsley and 1/3 cup cold water. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
To freeze: Spoon mixture into an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas