- 400g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g Red Delight potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400g red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 70g (1/4 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Place sweet potato and Red Delight potato in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Step 2Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and stir for 10 minutes or until soft and golden. Add the paprika, cumin and remaining oil. Stir for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the potato mixture for 5 minutes or until just crisp. Season.
- Step 3Add the beans and tomato and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to a large baking tray. Use the back of a spoon to make 4 shallow indents in the mixture. Crack an egg into each indent. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Top with the coriander and season. Serve with the yoghurt.
- Diabetes friendly
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jody Vassallo
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste