- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200g creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 200g smoked salmon, finely chopped, plus extra slices to serve
- 50g salmon roe (see notes)
- Parsley or chervil sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Place cucumber in a colander set in the sink and sprinkle liberally with salt. Allow to drain for 30 minutes, then rinse, drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain and refresh, then toss with oil.
- Step 3Combine creme fraiche, vinegar, garlic, lemon zest and juice, capers, dill and chives in a bowl, then season and toss with pasta, cucumber and chopped salmon. Divide among bowls and top with the salmon slices, roe and herb sprigs.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Serves 6 as a starter.
Salmon roe is available from delis.
“I like to enclose these parcels in clear cellophane and tie up with a ribbon, so guests have a ‘gift’ to open at the table.” – Valli Little.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au