- 3 slices prosciutto
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 small (about 320g) single smoked chicken breasts, skin removed, coarsely shredded
- 600g Thompson seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup pale celery leaves
- 55g (1/2 cup) walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- 60g blue cheese, crumbled
- Step 1Preheat grill on high. Place the prosciutto, in a single layer, on a baking tray. Cook under the grill for 3 minutes or until the prosciutto is crisp around the edges. Set aside on the tray to cool slightly.
- Step 2Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a small bowl until well combined. Coarsely tear the prosciutto and any large basil leaves.
- Step 3Place the chicken, grapes, celery leaves, walnuts, blue cheese, basil and prosciutto in a large bowl. Add three-quarters of the dressing and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Divide the salad among serving plates and drizzle over the remaining dressing to serve.
You’ll need to pick the pale celery leaves from the centre of half a bunch of celery for this recipe. Tip: If you’re not a lover of blue cheese, replace it with 60g Greek-style feta, crumbled.
- Author: Gemma Purcell
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste