- 200g penne rigate
- 125ml (1/2 cup) caesar dressing (Weight Watchers brand)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 rashers middle bacon, rind removed, thinly sliced crossways
- 4 (about 520g pkt) smoked chicken drumsticks
- 12 cos lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- 4 drained anchovy fillets, chopped
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Step 2Kids’ task: Combine caesar dressing and vinegar in a jug. Pour over the pasta. Gently toss until just combined.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Remove the chicken from the bones. Discard bones and shred chicken.
- Step 4Place 2 lettuce leaves in each shallow serving bowl. Finely shred remaining lettuce and divide among bowls. Spoon over the pasta, and top with the chicken, bacon and anchovies.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Leftovers: Use penne in pasta bakes. Use the dressing mixed with pre-packed coleslaw. Use anchovy fillets in pizza toppings.
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste