- 800g piece Coles Australian Pork Belly
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 wombok (Chinese cabbage), finely shredded
- 1 fennel bulb, finely shaved
- 2 firm Corella pears, cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoons mirin seasoning
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C. Place the pork, skin-side up, on a clean work surface. Use a small sharp knife to score the skin. Drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle with salt, fennel seeds, cumin and paprika. Use your hands to rub the spices into the skin.
- Step 2Place the onion in a roasting pan. Place the pork on the onion. Roast in oven for 30 mins.
- Step 3Reduce the oven to 160C. Pour the stock around the pork. Cook, loosely covered, for a further 2 hours or until pork is very tender. Set aside, loosely covered, for 15 mins to rest.
- Step 4Meanwhile, combine the wombok, shaved fennel, pear, mint, coriander and almonds in a large bowl. Whisk the mirin seasoning, soy sauce and sugar together in a small bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the wombok mixture and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Step 5Cut the pork belly into 4 equal portions. Transfer pork and onion to a serving plate and drizzle with any pan juices. Serve with the pear and wombok coleslaw.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles