- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups shredded slow-roasted lamb
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 312g packet small white corn tortillas
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, or 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Step 2Add shredded lamb, tomatoes and kidney beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cut each tortilla into 4 wedges. Place wedges, in a single layer, on a large baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Step 4Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange wedges, overlapping, on prepared tray. Top with meat and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is golden and melted.
- Step 5Meanwhile, make Avocado salsa: Place avocado, onion, tomato, corn, lemon juice and coriander in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Divide nachos between serving plates. Serve topped with the avocado salsa.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas