- 225g thin fresh egg noodles
- 25g dried Asian mushrooms
- 100g Chinese barbecued pork (see Notes)
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) light soy sauce
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) Shaohsing rice wine (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 185ml (3/4 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 20ml (1 tablespoon) vegetable oil, plus extra for noodles
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 small red chillies, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 4 shallots, sliced on the diagonal
- 100g cooked peeled prawns
- 175g frozen peas
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Step 1Cook noodles following packet directions, drain and refresh. Toss in a little oil. Soak mushrooms for 10 minutes in 1/2 cup of boiling water. Drain and discard liquid. Slice mushrooms and pork.
- Step 2Combine the soy, rice wine, curry powder, sugar, coconut milk and stock in a bowl. Set aside. Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat, add garlic, ginger, chilli and mushrooms and fry for 30 seconds.
- Step 3Add pork and shallots and cook for a further minute. Add noodles, prawns and peas and cook for 2 minutes. Add liquid ingredients and cook for 5 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Step 4Serve garnished with coriander.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
* Barbecued pork is from Asian takeaway stores.
* Shaohsing rice wine is from Asian supermarkets, substitute with sweet sherry.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Petrina Tinslay
- Publication: Taste.com.au