- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 200g can peeled prawns, drained (see note)
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm thick slices
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 440g packet shelf-stable thin egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- Step 1Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add brown onion, ginger, garlic and curry paste. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Step 2Add prawns, capsicum, green onion, cabbage, beansprouts and peas. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Step 3Add noodles and kecap manis. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until noodles are heated through. Serve.
You could also use 12 peeled, medium cooked prawns.
Variation: Add 200g beef stir-fry strips. At start of step 1, stir-fry beef, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Return to wok with prawns in step 2.
- Author: Donna Boyle
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas