- 1 sheet ready-rolled frozen quiche pastry, partially thawed
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 small green zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 rindless shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Grease a 5cmdeep, 25cm (base), loose-based fluted flan tin.
- Step 2Roll pastry out to form a 32cm x 30cm rectangle. Line base and side of prepared tin with pastry. Trim excess. Refrigerate for 10 to 12 minutes. Place tin on a baking tray. Line pastry with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Step 3Whisk eggs, cream and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Combine onion, peas, zucchini, bacon and cheese in a bowl. Spread over pastry case. Top with egg mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until just set. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas