- 600g lamb leg steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large pieces Lebanese bread, torn into triangles
- Fresh mint sprigs, to serve
- Sweet paprika, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 130g (1/2 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 95g (1/3 cup) tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- Step 1For the tahini sauce, combine the yoghurt, tahini, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl. Gradually add the water to loosen the mixture. Season. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until required.
- Step 2Combine the lamb, onion, garlic, cinnamon and allspice in a bowl. Season.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Fry bread, turning, in 2 batches, for 1-2 minutes or until crisp. Use tongs to transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 4Reheat the oil in the pan. Cook the lamb mixture, in 2 batches, for 3 minutes or until golden. Arrange the bread, lamb, tahini sauce and mint sprigs on a plate. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Al Richardson
- Publication: Taste Magazine