- 4 (about 250g each) salmon fillets, skin on
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Hot Szechuan Seasoning
- Olive oil, to grease
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 2 bunches pak choy, quartered
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, extra
- Step 1Place salmon, skin-side down, in a baking pan. Drizzle over the sesame oil and honey. Sprinkle with the seasoning. Cover and place in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- Step 2Preheat a barbecue flat plate on medium-high. Brush the flat plate with oil. Place the salmon, skin-side down, on the flat plate. Drizzle over the soy sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3Brush the flat plate with oil. Cook the mushroom, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add the pak choy and cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes or until just tender and wilted. Transfer to a bowl. Combine the oyster sauce, garlic and extra sesame oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve with the salmon.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Serving idea: If you’d like to add noodles, toss the Asian greens and mushrooms with cooked hokkien or soba noodles.
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste