2307 kj Energy
37g Fat Total
7g Saturated Fat
2g Carbs (sugar)
5g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Sesame-crusted salmon with mint beansPrint Recipe
- 600g (4 cups) frozen broad beans
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 80g (1/2 cup) sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 (about 125g each) salmon fillets
- Fresh mint sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Preheat a barbecue flat plate on medium-high. Place the broad beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Peel and discard the skins. Place the broad beans in a bowl. Add the onion, mint and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Step 2Place the sesame seeds and pepper in a mortar. Season with salt. Pound with a pestle until finely crushed. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the sesame seed mixture on the lined tray. Place the salmon, flesh-side down, on the sesame seed mixture and press firmly to coat.
- Step 3Pour remaining oil over flat plate. Cook salmon, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for 2 minutes for medium or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Step 4Divide the broad bean mixture among serving plates. Top with the salmon and mint.
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Australian Good Taste
Leave a Reply