1490 kj Energy
6g Fat Total
1g Saturated Fat
4g Carbs (sugar)
30g Carbs (total)
Seared snapper with spinach, white bean & chilli saladPrint Recipe
- 1 bunch English spinach, stems trimmed, washed, dried, finely shredded
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- Olive oil spray
- 4 (about 150g each) snapper fillets
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Step 1Combine spinach, cannellini beans, onion, capsicum and chilli in a bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, oil and sugar in a separate bowl. Pour over the spinach mixture and toss to combine.
- Step 2Heat a barbecue flat plate or frying pan over high heat. Spray pan with olive oil spray to grease. Add the snapper and cook for 2 minutes each side or until the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork in the thickest part. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3Add the lemon, cut-side down, to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and caramelised.
- Step 4Divide the spinach mixture among serving plates. Top with the snapper and serve with the caramelised lemon.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste