- 4 x 150g beef fillet steaks
- Olive oil, to brush
- 200g green tea soba or regular soba noodles (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (3 tablespoons) miso paste (see notes)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) mirin (Japanese rice wine – see notes)
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Step 1Brush steaks with oil and season. Heat a large frypan or chargrill pan over high heat. Cook steaks for 3 minutes each side for rare (or until cooked to your liking). Remove, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions. Rinse under cold running water, drain well, then toss with sesame oil in a large bowl and set aside.
- Step 3Whisk miso and mirin in a small pan on medium heat until smooth and heated. Thinly slice steaks on an angle, then toss with noodles, miso dressing and spring onion. Serve topped with sesame seeds.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Available from Asian food shops and selected supermarkets.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Catherine Sutherland and Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au