- 100g (1/3 cup) tikka masala curry paste
- 90g (1/3 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 8 (about 1kg) lamb loin chops
- 2 large carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 350g mixed baby tomatoes, halved
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, firmly packed
- 4 roti or chapati bread, warmed, to serve
- Step 1Combine curry paste and yoghurt in a glass bowl. Add chops. Turn to coat. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight to marinate.
- Step 2Combine carrot, tomato and shallot in a heatproof bowl. Juice half the lemon. Cut remaining half into wedges. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add seeds and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice. Quickly pour over carrot mixture. Season. Set aside to develop the flavours.
- Step 3Preheat a chargrill over medium- high heat. Spray chops with oil. Cook, on a piece of baking paper, turning, for 6-8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Rest for 3 minutes. 4 Add coriander to carrot mixture. Toss to combine. Serve salad with chops, bread and lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Heating the mustard seeds in oil releases the pungent flavour and aroma.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine