- 250g kipfler potatoes, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons baby salted capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 500g cooked tiger prawns, peeled, leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread (see note)
- Baby butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- Good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise, to serve
- Step 1Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Cut into 1cm-thick slices and place in a bowl. Add the oil, mustard and capers and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, vinegar, salt and sugar in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Step 3Combine the prawns and chopped dill in small bowl.
- Step 4Arrange the potato salad, cucumber salad, prawns, salmon, bread and lettuce on serving plates. Serve immediately with mayonnaise, if desired.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Pumpernickel is a German bread traditionally made with rye meal. It is available from delis and supermarkets.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: Notebook: