- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 350g lean premium beef mince
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 10 petit dinner rolls (see Notes)
- 3/4 cup grated extra-light tasty cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Increase heat to high. Add mince. Cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat. Add carrot, zucchini, corn and barbecue sauce. Return to heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Step 2Carefully split rolls lengthways, leaving 1 side of each roll still joined. Remove soft white bread from centre of base and top.
- Step 3Place 2 tablespoonfuls of mince mixture onto base of each roll. Sprinkle with cheese. Gently press rolls to close. Place onto prepared tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and heated through. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Look for petit dinner rolls in the fresh bread section.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas