- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons instant beef gravy powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 400g desiree potatoes, peeled, diced
- 300g carrots, peeled, diced
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup frozen peas and corn mixture steamed
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Add gravy powder, tomato puree and 1 cup cold water. Stir to combine.
- Step 2Add potato and carrot. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until potato is just tender. Add mushrooms and pea mixture. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice.
To freeze: Place in a snap-lock bag. Flatten for easy thawing. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To thaw: Thaw in the fridge overnight.
To cook: Heat in a saucepan over mediumhigh heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas