- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Toasted rye bread, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Step 2Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in stock. Season with pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in worcestershire sauce and peas. Cook for 3 minutes or until peas are tender. Serve with toast.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Variation: You could use lamb, pork or chicken mince.
To freeze: Spoon into airtight containers. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas