- 650g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 medium granny smith apples, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- Step 1Heat a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add cabbage, sultanas, sugar, vinegar and 1/4 cup cold water. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until combined. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cabbage is almost tender.
- Step 2Add apple to cabbage mixture. Cook, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until apple is just tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
You could add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley to cabbage mixture at the end of step 2.
Serve with: Grilled pork cutlets, pork sausages or pork loin roast.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas