Author Notes: I think this dish could win over any green-hater, with sweet notes from the prunes and caramelized onions!
While I used a mixture of kale and beet greens, you could use whatever you have on hand! —ttfn300
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
large red onion
cups roughly torn greens (I used kale and beet greens)
cup chopped prunes
cup chopped, toasted walnuts
ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add onions, stir to coat and cook 2-3min.
- Reduce heat to low, then continue to cook until onions are soft and browned (usually ~15-20min).
- Add in greens and 1-2T water, stir, and cook until greens have softened.
- Stir in beets and prunes, then transfer to a plate and top with goat cheese and walnuts.