- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 100g prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 800g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the prosciutto, currants and fennel seeds. Stir for 3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Step 2Stir in the cabbage for 2 minutes or until well combined. Stir in the water. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- Step 3Add the vinegar and stir for 1 minute or until the liquid evaporates. Season with pepper. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Try this: Make a red risotto – swap white wine for red and stir in shredded red cabbage and finely chopped prosciutto.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Al Richardson
- Publication: Australian Good Taste