Author Notes: While I usually serve this as a starter, it really is a meal in itself. Who doesn’t love melty cheese and succulent shrimp? —janet voris
pound Peeled, deveined, raw shrimp, 26-30 count or larger, seasoned with salt and pepper.
tablespoons Butter, divided
Cloves Garlic, minced
tablespoons Lemon juice, from about 1/2 small lemon
ounces Wheel of Brie, Rind trimmed around edges only
cup Sliced almonds
tablespoon Parsley, minced
French bagette, sliced
- Preheat a 10″ skillet over med-high heat. Melt half of the butter.
- Add shrimp and saute until just pink about 1 minute each side, adding garlic half way through cooking.
- Add lemon juice and brandy. Shake pan to mix. Transfer shrimp and juices to a bowl.
- Add remaining butter to pan, then add brie wheel. Scatter almonds around brie. Let brie brown on one side, 1-2 mins. Covering pan will encourage melting.
- Flip brie over, stir almonds and let brie brown on other side, covering until melted, 1-2 minutes more.
- Add shrimp back to pan, Sprinkle with parsley. Allow shrimp to warm up 30 seconds, then plate up.
- Serve with bagette slices.
Photo by janet voris