- 40ml (2 tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 3 (about 120g each) gourmet sausages (we used pork and fennel)
- 220g puy lentils
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 20ml (1 tablespoon) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 100g rocket
- 100g marinated feta, crumbled
- Chilli jam, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Step 2Cook the lentils according to packet directions. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, place half the oil in a pan over low heat. Prick sausages and then fry, turning occasionally, until cooked and golden. Transfer to a baking tray and place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Clean pan. Add remaining oil and place on a medium heat. Add onion, pancetta and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes until pancetta starts to crisp. Add lentils, mustard, vinegar and parsley and stir together then remove from the heat. Divide between plates.
- Step 4Slice sausages on the diagonal and place on top of the lentil mixture. Add rocket, feta, a drizzle of oil and serve with chilli jam.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au