- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 chorizo, sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3cm piece ginger, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 450g pumpkin, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 500g mushroom sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water or Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 8 fresh dates, halved and pitted
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a large pan and add onion and chorizo. Cook 3-4 minutes or until golden. Stir in chickpeas, spices and ginger. Cook for 1 minute.
- Step 2Add carrot, zucchini and pumpkin. Stir to coat in the spice mixture. Pour in combined sauce and water or stock. Transfer mixture to an ovenproof casserole dish. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Step 3Remove lid and gently stir in dates. Cover and bake for a further 30 minutes. Serve.
- High fibre
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Noerianto & Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Fresh Living