Author Notes: Savory Italian sausage blended with creamy cheese & chopped spinach, stuffed into jumbo mushroom caps and baked until juicy & golden. —TheSweetPeppercorn
Make : 15 mushrooms
Sausage, Spinach & Cheese Stuffed MushroomsPrint Recipe
- 15 large mushrooms, stems removed
- 8 ounces italian sausage, hot
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, extremely well drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the mushroom bottoms & caps with the melted butter.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet & set aside.
- Sauté sausage over med-high heat, breaking up with a spoon into crumbles.
- When sausage is thoroughly cooked, remove from the heat and drain off excess fat.
- Add chopped spinach, cream cheese, parmesan & garlic salt. Combine well.
- Spoon filling into mushroom caps, packing down and rounding over the top.
- Bake for approx. 15 min. until mushrooms are cooked & tops are golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d’Oeuvre