- 16 small beef, pork or chicken sausages
- olive oil spray
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- You'll need 8 x 25cm bamboo skewers
- Step 1Place skewers onto a plate. Cover with cold water. Stand for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Step 2Thread 2 sausages onto each skewer. Spray with oil. Preheat a chargrill on high heat until hot. Add skewers. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Step 3To make chutney: Cook ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, stirring, for 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chutney thickens. Cool. Serve with sausages.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Sun
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas