- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 500g gourmet peppered beef sausages (see tip)
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 700g bottle Italian tomato passata sauce (see note)
- 500g packet risoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, chopped
- 80g baby rocket
- 25g parmesan cheese, shaved
- Step 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sausages. Cook, turning often, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Slice sausages.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and capsicum. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add tomato passata and 4 cups cold water. Bring to the boil.
- Step 3Add risoni and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until risoni is just tender. Add oregano and season with salt and pepper. Stir sausages through warm risoni. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 4Toss rocket, parmesan and remaining 1 tablespoon oil together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon risoni mixture into bowls. Top with rocket salad and serve.
Tip: Chicken, pork or chorizo sausages would all be suitable in this recipe.
Tomato passata is a concentrated sauce made from sieved tomatoes, available from the supermarket.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas