- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 large zucchini, halved, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g extra-lean beef chipolata sausages
- Gravy, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm x 28cm (base) baking dish.
- Step 2Place onion, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant, thyme, garlic and oil in a bowl. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Place in prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Step 3Arrange sausages on top of vegetables. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning sausages halfway through cooking, or until vegetables are tender and sausages cooked through. Serve with gravy.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas