- 375g tortiglioni pasta or large spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g pork sausages
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthways
- 250g yellow or red teardrop tomatoes
- 125g rocket
- 300g bocconcini cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Set aside to cool (see tip).
- Step 2Preheat barbecue grill and plate on medium heat. Grill sausages, turning, for 15 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool slightly. Grill zucchini, turning, for 6 minutes or until chargrilled. Transfer to a plate. Toss tomatoes in remaining oil. Barbecue on plate for 1 minute.
- Step 3Thickly slice sausages. Add sausages, zucchini, tomatoes, rocket and bocconcini to pasta. Pour over dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
Tip: Pasta must be cooled before you add bocconcini, otherwise cheese will clump together.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas